Below are few of the reasons I have bullet pointed that I believe are the benefits of migrating from CATIA V5 to V6.
Feel free to add more whether they are negative or positive in the comments below.
• Secured management of data.
• No more links issues in case of Windows files/directories renaming or moving).
• management of the data with Rights and authorization.
• Concurrent engineering.
• Large assembly management.
• 3D Searching through PLM data.
• Version control of assemblies.
• You can enforce data dependency; meaning files in assys cannot be deleted.
• You can explore, and see the parents and children of all objects.
• You get traceability for audit and validation.
• Avoid data duplication. Programmers can not make copies of engineering, and alter in in their own private caves.